Specialized outpatient surgical centers are bringing about positive changes that are revolutionizing the troubled US healthcare system. Today, more patients are getting their procedures done at surgery centers that ever before for a variety of reasons. Here are some of the advantages of choosing a surgery center over a hospital for your surgery:
- Significant Cost Savings: The cost of undergoing a procedure at a surgical center is to 2-3 times less as compared to a hospital for the same surgical procedure due to reduced overhead fixed costs. Same procedure, higher cost in the hospital. This can have a significant impact on your out-of-pocket expenses.
- Patient-Friendly Atmosphere: The focused nature of care offered at a specialized surgical center, enables easy access to all the information you require regarding procedure, staff, scheduling options, and transportation.
- Advanced Level of Care: At a surgical center, the surgeons and staff specialize in less-invasive surgical care.
- State-of-the-Art Facility: An accredited surgical center will have the latest equipment and use the proven surgical techniques maximizing the chances of a positive surgical outcome.
- Less Risk of Infections: The risk of hospital acquired infections are much higher at a hospital because of the presence of resistant bacteria present in the hospital environment.
- Same-day Discharge: At an outpatient surgical facility most patients can expect to be discharged on the very same day as the surgery to recover in the comfort of their own home.
The excellent surgical outcomes, high levels of patient satisfaction, and astonishingly lower costs make a compelling case for most low-risk surgical procedures to be performed at a surgery center rather than in the in-patient hospital setting. Consult Dr. Patrick Denard to find out if you may be a candidate.Dr. Patrick Denard has been voted one of the top 20 Shoulder Surgeons in North America and is the most widely published shoulder specialist in Oregon. Dr. Denard is committed to providing the highest level of Orthopedic care to his patients. Dr. Denard has advanced arthroscopy training and is able to perform the vast majority of shoulder procedures in a minimally invasive fashion, including all types of rotator cuff repairs and instability repair. These techniques allow him to repair tears that some consider “irreparable.” Providing every patient with advanced medicine and compassionate care each and every time.