TestimonialsSubmit your testimonial
- Dr. Denard repaired my rotator cuff in August 2016, and I am very pleased with the outcome of my surgery. He is a caring surgeon, and takes the time to listen to patient concerns. Thank you, Dr. Denard!By - Susan Cady30-Jun-2017 12:29 PM
- Went 4 months before getting my shoulder fixed. I am older and Dr. Denard fixed me up in October. Lots of injuries to my rotator cuff but I am now back to a normal life style but still working on getting stronger and more flexible. It's great to have surgeons who know their specialty and can get you back in your game! With my shoulder I do know that I need to take small steps with getting full strength back, but I know that Dr. Denard has given me a firm foundation to build those steps.By - Charles Longmire22-Jun-2017 11:40 AM
- My Surgery with Dr. Denard was amazing. First of all I am 60 years old, the ligament had tore away from the bone and was wadded up down in my bicep. I could not raise my arm at all.The Pain was unbearable. I was worrying and stressed out, because I work for .Knife River as an equipment operator, Scraper and Dozer.12 hour 6 days a week. The first day of work at the end of the day, I realized I had climbed up on that Scraper maybe 10 times .It was like a miracle I have had no issues no pain.Dr. Denard did an excellent job on my shoulder,I still can't believe it is like new.By - Billy G Smith18-Jun-2017 03:03 PM
- I had a torn rotator cuff in my right shoulder. I had constant pain and could hardly sleep. The operation wasn't without some pain and discomfort afterwards, but after four months and my determination to do my excersises I am pain free and on my way to a full recovery.By - Richard Tarkon17-Jun-2017 08:42 PM
- Prior to having "Reverse Shoulder Replacement" by Dr Denard in August of 2016, I could not lift my arm higher than my shoulder. I had suffered for 14 years with the pain and inability to do the activities that I was accustomed doing. Dr Denard changed that. I have been able to carry out many of the activities again. I feel that the "surgery" was a success; and that the shoulder will continue to improve, even more, as time goes by. Thank you Dr. Denard for giving me my life back! I appreciate it more than you could ever imagine.By - Patti Alexandrr15-Jun-2017 02:50 PM
- After living for decades in shoulder pain, and other doctors telling me that nothing was wrong and that I had Fibromyalgia....I finally made it to Dr. Denard and staff. YES...something was wrong,I was in so much discomfort, that I could not stand to play my piano for long. NO I did not have Fibromyalgia. I had a torn shoulder. Doc fixed it! I had some scare tissue that had to be removed in a later surgery and one injection since. I am able to do lots of things now.....free of burning, prickly feeling, stiffness, and weakness. THANK YOU DOCTOR DENARD....ErikaBy - Erika Bedford15-Jun-2017 01:13 PM
- Dr. Denard performed a reverse shoulder replacement on my right shoulder. Prior to surgery I could lift my arm only to about 50%, and certainly not above my head. After Dr. Denard's outstanding work, I can lift my arm above my head, throw a baseball, without any pain whatsoever. Dr. Denard was a godsend for me. If you are fortunate enough to get Dr. Denard for your shoulder problems, consider yourself in wonderful hands. I love the guy !!By - Michael A. Smith14-Jun-2017 12:46 PM
- Dr. Denard repaired my rotator cuff and detached bicep tendon last August. I have complete use of my arm and shoulder now, after 17 years of limited use and pain. I am very happy and would highly recommend Dr. Denard.By - Jim Geiger14-Jun-2017 12:41 PM
- Dr. Dennard did my shoulder surgery January 2016. He repaired a torn rotator cuff, torn bicep and bone spurs. So happy with the outcome of the surgery. No pain anymore and shoulder is back to full strength.By - Jeanie Hoffbuhr14-Jun-2017 10:51 AM
- Dr. Denard is amazing at his diagnosis, plan of action, and follow up post surgery I had a total reverse right shoulder replacement in September, 2016, with an absolute minimum of pain and 100% success. I have recommended him to several people already.By - Carolyn Callahan14-Jun-2017 12:05 AM
- I've had Dr Denard repair both my shoulders and the outcome has been Amazing! From the Efficiency of the Front end Staff, Their techs and Medical asst. To the Surgical staff & rehab protocol his team has put together, I recommend Dr. Denard and Southern Oregon Orthopedics to anyone and everyone we know!By - Claudia Lowery13-Jun-2017 08:25 PM
- I was injured in a auto accident and my Rotator cuff was very painful and I consulted Dr Denard as well as my primary DR. who reccomended I have the repair. I was very much afraid to have it done but decided I needed something as I was in too much pain. I am so happy I did as my left shoulder is stronger now than my right. I am free of pain in my left shoulder after two years to recovery.By - Bobbie Lancaster13-Jun-2017 06:35 PM
- I had a reverse shoulder replacement 3/22/17 By Dr. Denard. From the time of surgery to today there has never been any pain. The therapist was amazed at my flexibility so soon after the surgery, 6 weeks. After three flexibility sessions, he cancelled the flex therapy and told me to wait for the time to start strength therapy. I am absolutely astonished at Dr. Denard"s skill.By - Harry LeVine13-Jun-2017 06:35 PM
- I had a right shoulder replacement on December14, 2016. The surgery was at 7:30 am and I was discharged that same morning at 10:30 am. Dr. Denard called me that same evening to make sure I was doing well. I love that he had made a DVD with physical therapy exercises on it that I could do at home. I am now 6 months post surgery and I am stronger and have better mobility than before the surgery without the pain and I know the range and strength will continue to improve. I have had other joints replaced but this was an easier recovery. So grateful for Dr. Denard and his team!By - Shirley Perry13-Jun-2017 06:04 PM
- I couldn't have had a better doctor. He is very professional and has a great bedside manner. He was very informative of what I would go through and of my treatment after.By - Nancy Brockman13-Jun-2017 05:09 PM
- On May 18,2016, I injured my shoulder, Although my injury was serious enough to require surgery, I was fortunate to have Dr. Denard and his team in charge of my medical care. From the initial intake appointment until my final discharge, I was treated as if I was the only patient they were seeing everyone involved was professional and able to explain all of the procedures and I knew what to expect at each step of healing process. So the healing process Dr. Denard operated on me June 17,2016 for a pretty bad tear on the left shoulder after the surgery I was released to go home that day. That afternoon Dr. Denard personally called to see how things were going. Also I received an e-mail from his office with step by step instructions plus a video of the surgery and a video from Dr. Denard explaining how things went I was a little surprised to know 9 anchors were used still he was optimistic about the use of my shoulder. It has taken hard work and dedication, currently working on push ups. hand stands next.... Dr. Denard I greatly appreciate what you have done!!!! and yes my shoulder is feeling great. Again I am glad I was your patient.By - Patrick Fossen10-May-2017 04:42 PM
- Bucket List #1! CHECK! Whooo Hooo! Long awaited lifetime achievement! SCORE! But...the journey to achievement almost ended while I was out trying to birth this very dream! As I flew through the air off of my horse on a warm September afternoon, I realized as I hit the ground and heard my right shoulder grinding, snapping and cracking, that this season I was out! In my left hand was my brand new Hoyt bow, a gift given to me by my 90 year old father, all intact! Whew! My first thought was OMG! There is no way I will get to finish out this archery hunting season! I was mad! Really mad! I was so disappointed I started to cry! My husband jumped off of his horse and came running back to help me get up off of the ground. As he helped me to stand, we both realized I had very seriously hurt my right shoulder! I could not walk but a few steps at a time, the pain I was in was almost unbearable! Excruciating! Long story short, 3 days later I met Dr. Patrick Denard. He was optimistic and believed he could put my shattered ( in six pieces) shoulder back together! I was scared about what my outcome may be. I decided if Dr. Denard believed he could, then I would place all of my trust in his knowledge, skill and ability! It was not going to be an easy battle and it would take a lot of time to heal. I was told it could take two years or more. No way! Absolutely! No way, I was missing out on next years archery season I told myself! So the challenge began! Into my right shoulder went a steel plate and ten long screws! A month later Dr. Denard removed two screws. Leaving the remaining eight and the steel plate in my shoulder. I followed Dr Denard's orders to a T! I went through eight weeks in a sling! That was a challenge in itself! But then came months of physical therapy! I was worried about my progress and lack of mobility. Almost a year later, hunting season was approaching fast and I was getting stronger. I was so excited to pull my bow back and sling some arrows! But I still had a ways to go before I could pull back the required 50 pounds to be able to hunt elk. I was not giving up this challenge for anything! I believed I could and was determined I would! Then Dr Denard drops a bomb on my heart and tells me that he felt it was time to remove the hardware. At first I thought, Oh no! Not now! After all, I'd almost reached my goal of those precious 50 pounds! So I timidly ask him if it could please wait until after archery season...when I heard his yes, I wanted to cry with excitement, YES! After all, it was because of his knowledge, skill and ability that I had come this far! Almost a year to the day of my injury, I got my first archery Bull elk! The #1 check off of my bucket list! The look on Dr Denard's face when I showed him this photo was priceless! He was grinning from ear to ear! I feel blessed to have had Dr Denard as my orthopedic surgeon! I truly trusted his ability and I am not disappointed. I am one fortunate lady to have had this very professional, amazingly gifted man, surgically piece my shoulder back together. I will always be grateful to him. Carol Ann Zon (Bugle girl) - [ ]By - Carol Ann Zon05-May-2017 10:42 AM
- After a year of suffering with intense shoulder pain, having to give up golf & barely being able to lift my arm I knew it was time,,,having had 2 hip replacements I was not looking forward to joint #3. Dr. Denard & his PA are the best. After a month in the sling it was smooth sailing from there. Pain free, went to PT for a short time which helped in getting range of motion back. I was back playing golf in 6 mths. I would say I'm about 95% normal. Highly recommend Dr. Denard!!By - Diane13-Dec-2016 09:20 PM
Libby's Reverse Shoulder Replacement
I'm so grateful to have had the total reverse shoulder replacement. My recovery went smoothly and now I am pain free and able to do the things I enjoy, especially lifting and caring for my granddaughter.By - Libby07-Mar-2017 09:20 PM
Meg's Rotator Cuff Tear
I tore my rotator cuff as the result of a bike accident in 2012. A few months later I had Dr. Denard do the repair and had a great result. I was back on my bike 15 weeks after the procedure, went on to return to swimming and did my first post-op triathlon at 7 months. Thank you Dr. Denard!By - Meg06-Mar-2017 09:20 PM
Stephanie's Revision Surgery
After having one botched partial shoulder replacement surgery, I consulted with Dr. Denard. He suggested a reverse replacement and I took his suggestion. Not looking forward to a second surgery, I was delighted that the healing was easier than the first surgery, and Dr. Denard was available, empathetic, concerned and did a great job. I have regained at least 90% use after 9 months out of surgery. But now he wants to do the other arm...OMG....what's next? Just kidding....when you are bone on bone it is just a matter of time. He was willing to do the platelet shots for me which are helping immensely to give my other arm more time to heal. Thank you Dr. Denard, you are the best as far as I am concerned.By - Stephanie05-Mar-2017 09:20 PM
Mary Jo's Shoulder Replacement
November of 2013 Shoulder replacement surgery. Wow! something I knew had to be done to improve quality of life if possible. At 86 I was not sure I was ready to even try. Finally I made that initial appointment with Dr Denard, who had been recommended as "the one" who knew about shoulders. His kindness and understanding gave me the confidence I needed to have the surgery. From the moment I came out of surgery the shoulder pain was gone. My recovery was quicker than I had anticipated, due in part, to my own attitude and cooperation with my doctor and greatly due to the expertise of the entire medical staff and facility who took care of me. I am able to continue painting ...here I am ...putting the finishing touches on an Autumn scene .... using that (now steady, painless) left arm & hand with my new shoulder holding things together.By - Mary Jo04-Mar-2017 09:20 PM
Matt's Floating Shoulder
As a competitive swimmer in US Masters Swimming (USMS), my shoulders are extremely important to me. I was terrified that my left shoulder would never be the same after a bad bicycle wreck while traveling at 30mph broke four ribs, my clavicle and scapula in my left shoulder, resulting in a condition known as "floating shoulder." Dr. Denard recommended surgery to plate the clavicle and stabilize the shoulder so that it would heal properly. The discomfort in the shoulder was dramatically lessened immediately after surgery, but I still was unable to lift my left arm which was a huge concern for me considering my desire to return to swimming competitively. Dr. Denard and his staff were extremely helpful and communicative, giving me assistance and encouragement throughout the healing and recovery process. The cycling accident occurred on July 24th, with surgery on the clavicle one week later. By the end of September I had regained most of the mobility in my shoulder and had begun gently swimming again. By late October, I was swimming at a high level again and was able to win two USMS National Championship swims, the 3000 yard and the 6000 yard ePostal swims! I had made a full recovery both in terms of strength and mobility by mid November. I cannot say thank you enough to Dr. Denard and his staff for the excellent care they provided me. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Denard to anyone in need of top-level orthopedic care.By - Matt03-Mar-2017 09:20 PM
Wayne's Broken Clavicle
Dear Dr. Denard,
I wanted to send you some feedback about my experience with you and your entire staff at Southern Oregon Orthopedics. It seems that these days so many people are quick to respond when things don't go well but not so quick to respond when they do.
When I recently fractured my Collarbone (clavicle) I was unsure about how it would affect my life going forward. As an active 52 year old I was concerned about the long term effects of my injury. After consulting with you I was glad to hear that I had some positive long term options. I appreciated your willingness to answer all of my detailed questions, even after hours. I also appreciated your flexibility accommodating my limited schedule.
As you know I decided to have you and your team surgically repair my clavicle. A few months later I feel great and I am once again enjoying the activities that I love. Being in the customer service business for many years I feel like I understand the importance of delivering a great customer experience. You and your team exceeded my expectations by delivering a high level of care along with a personal touch that was both comforting and refreshing.
I'm sure I speak for many others when I say that we are very glad you decided to make the Rogue Valley your home.
Thanks again for one of my best medical experiences.
Cheers!By - Wayne02-Mar-2017 09:20 PM
Barbara's Frozen Shoulder
"My experience with Dr. Denard and his staff has been wonderful. He is very kind, and dedicated to his profession. Dr. Denard is always on time and takes time to explain the necessary treatment. I'm truly grateful for his knowledge and patient care, which enabled my shoulder to recover in a very short time. I can enjoy golf again!
Cheers!By - Barb01-Mar-2017 09:20 PM
Leonard's Massive Rotator Cuff Tear
Dear Dr. Denard:
I'm writing this letter to express my appreciation for your wonderful work and the successful surgery you performed to repair "a massive retracted tear to my left shoulder." I am grateful for your efforts and encourage you to feel free to share my story with future patients and colleagues.
My injury occurred when I took my dog, Jambo outside for his morning "duties". I tripped and fell forward catching myself with both arms to prevent slamming face first into these stairs.
Immediately, I felt intense pain on my left shoulder and knew I had injured myself. We drove directly to the emergency room in the Sacramento area. I was immediately taken into the x-ray room and advised by the emergency room doctor that I had a severe left shoulder injury.
In the next few weeks, I had an MRI and met with the Orthopedist at Kaiser. I was advised by the Doctor there that "your rotator cuff injury is very extreme and I am doubtful it can be repaired. It will be very difficult surgery and I am not optimistic the surgery will be successful. After extended conversation about the pros and cons of surgery and having limited use of my left arm I decided to pursue surgery in Sacramento. The post operation results relayed to me by the Kaiser Dr. were you have suffered "irreparable RCT." I proceeded to try to recover from a failed operation with little hope of recovering any significant future use of my left arm. I was trying to resign myself to live with a left arm that I would not be able to lift above my hip with minimal use of my left arm for lifting, driving, opening and closing doors, etc. etc.
After about 6 weeks of physical therapy, I was visited by phone by a close friend who lives in Medford, Oregon. My friend asked if I had obtained a second medical opinion on my shoulder diagnosis and treatment. He suggested seeing Dr. Patrick Denard, whose entire practice is focused exclusively on arm injuries. My friend said, Dr. Denard was highly regarded in the Medford Medical community for his skill and medical experience.
I contacted Dr. Denard to obtain a second opinion. Prior to my appointment I furnished him with my MRI, X-Rays, and medical records for his review. I drove the 450 miles to Medford to meet with him and at the conclusion of the 30-minute physical exam and meeting he advised, "I feel very confident I can do a successful surgery which will allow you to regain use in your left arm. However, I cannot at this time tell you the extent of your recovery but I can promise you will have more mobility and strength in your left arm than you have with your current situation".
The surgery went very well and in fact so well, I was released the same day and "Ok'd" to return to my residence in Roseville, California. Needless to say, I did not drive home, my daughter was kind enough to drive us back to Roseville.
After surgery, I had 6 weeks with my left arm mobilized in a hard plastic arm sling/cast. Dr. Denard maintained contact with me to monitor my recovery via phone, email, and to observe the progress of my recovery via Skype.
Dr. Denard gave me a "clean bill of health" five months later with full mobility to use my arm as long as I didn't do anything stupid. Since then I have started to see a physical trainer and I have not only regained full use of my arm, but my mobility has improved. Dr. Denard has made himself available to me and he continues to stay in touch and encourage my efforts.
In conclusion I was compelled to write this letter in appreciation of the amazing skill Dr. Denard has developed over the years and in which I have benefited. Prior to this surgery I had resigned myself to never regain the full use of my left arm because the shoulder muscle was disconnected from my arm. As previously noted the first operation was unsuccessful. So, finding Dr. Denard and the surgery he performed has given me a whole new lease on life. I am now able to resume a lifestyle consistent with a whole person's range of physical activities.
I am grateful to Dr. Denard for his skillful surgical talent as an orthopedic surgeon and I look forward to many good years ahead with the full use of my left arm.
Eternally grateful,By - Leonard28-Feb-2017 09:20 PM